MIC Medical Imaging – Edmonton Region
MIC Medical Imaging is Canada’s largest radiology partnership, with a
team of 96 radiologists with diverse sub-specialties and areas of expertise and over 400 technologists and support staff. MIC serves the greater Edmonton area offering a wide range of diagnostic imaging services
including X-ray, MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Fluoroscopy, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, Bone Densitometry and Pain Management. Today Medical Imaging Consultants serves 9 hospitals, and operates 13 community-based clinics in the capital region.
MIC is searching for an experienced Biomedical Engineering Technologist to support the repair and maintenance of diagnostic medical equipment throughout all our locations on a full-time basis.
- Maintaining the performance of MIC’s medical equipment.
- Respond to service requests and diagnose problems/failures
- Troubleshooting, repair, calibrating, testing & inspecting a wide variety of biomedical and electronic equipment
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment
- Install, service, and maintain all medical equipment
- Train clinicians and other personnel on the proper use of equipment
- Manage company assets effectively
- Performs all administrative duties in a complete manner including service tickets, expense reports,
- preventative maintenance and other related paperwork
- Work independently on medical equipment, collaborate in a team environment and communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing
- Work with team members within MIC as well as vendors enabling MIC to achieve consistent patient care
Requirements and Qualifications
- Engineering technician or technologist diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience in medical service
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated strength in time management, organization and leadership
- Experience with PACS, and servicing Digital Radiography, Mammography, Ultrasound and other imaging modalities
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and required to have a vehicle as there will be travel within the Edmonton region.
- Available to work weekend and evening when needed
- Able to complete some heavy lifting
- Experience with mechanical devices, tools and test equipment
- Possess fundamentals of Dicom & Networking, PC competency, and a proven component-level repair skill
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply:
Applications may be submitted by e-mail no later than Nov 30, 2020 to: